Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dat 46

Mossburn to Queenstown 111 km

What a marvelous day today. It was really cold last night, there was frost on the rainfly this morning. But the sun was out, not a cloud in the sky but the temprature was very mild. The first 50km from Mossburn to Kingston were pleasant enough. One of the easiest roads in terms of gradients since the Cantebury plains outside Christchurch. I arrived at Kingston about 1:00pm. Entirely too early to stop for the day, my knee was feeling better than it has for days and the gorgeous lake Makatipu flanked by the Remarkables lay in front of me. It was just too nice of a day to stop so I didn't.

The last 50km where absolutely gorgeous and it really was a perfect day to cycle along the lake. A second 100+km day in less than three was probably not the best idea however. My knee was pretty stiff the next morning and the Holiday Park in Queenstown was just as crazy as the last time I was here. Even so the Patagonia ice cream at the warf was pretty good. $7.5 for a double scoop and more or less worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment