Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 51

Ranfurly to MiddleMarch 68km
Middlemarch to Pukarangi (Bus)
Pukarangi to Dunedin (Train)

The final day on the rail trail. Very pleasant: flat, no cars and not too bad gravel. When I arrived in Middlemarch I had the choice of taking the bus to Pukarangi and the train to Middlemarch. I would have had no chance to make the train on the bike and Pukarangi was literally a shed with the word 'Pukarangi' written on it. Middlemarch wasn't a whole lot more so I spent money to be carried into Dunedin. The other choice was the main road and the gradient map made that look pretty intimidating (I guess I'm getting a little tired).

The train trip through the Taeri Gorge was really quite enjoyable and a nice way to end the day in the very stately train station in Dundedin.

No comments:

Post a Comment