Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 53

Otago Peninsula 60km

I cycled out to the holdiay park in Portobello, unloaded the bike and spent the rest of the day pedalling around the Peninsula. Known as one of the great wildlife areas of NZ I found it to be quite picturesque but sadly did not get a picture of a Penguin. Apparently I had to be at the tip of the peninsula at dusk in order to get close enough to get a photo of a penguin. Sadly the bike is not set up to cycle back to the campsite in the dark. Even if it were the cars on the narrow roads out here are quite intimidating enough in the full light of day. Kind of a bummer, I really wanted to get a picture of a penguin. Of course I could have gotten one if I were to have spent $100 to go on one of the touristy guided sightseeing buses. Instead, after yet another day of very hilly riding I went back to the pub in Portobello, stretched out my knee and watched some Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment