Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 24

Kiakoura to Christchurch 180Km (bus)

It was another beautiful day on the south island, with 40kph winds from the south west. My two options for the day were south and west so, feeling a bit lazy I hopped on the bus to Chirstchurch. The route was kind of bland, lots of dairy farms. The trip on the bike would have taken at least three days so not such a bad idea having the bus carry me and the bike.

Chch was nice enough, but it is a city full of cars and large trucks. There was a big row in the paper about some guy who drives a monsterous black hummer and made an online posting about his desire to use his military assault vehicle on bicyclists! Sounds like a logging truck driver. Besides, backbacker hostels and their occupants aren't really my type so the next morning I was up early, on the lookout for menacing Hummers and beat a hasty 25kph retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment